Exciting Changes and Lots of News for This Year's Event!
Here is a list of some of the highlights for 2014:
- First, our 2013 event was a great success. We got a great review by Neil Shirley, Assistant Editor of Road Bike Action Magazine. Read Neil's review HERE. Neil is one of the top Fondo riders in the country and he loved it. He also said our event is on-par with Levi's Gran Fondo in Santa Rosa, CA. That is a HUGE compliment as Levi's Gran Fondo is pretty much the "Benchmark" Gran Fondo event in the US! While we are thrilled with Neil's review, the 2014 Mammoth Fall Century & Gran Fondo is going to be even better, bigger and more unique! We'll explain some of the highlights below and check the rest of this website out for more information and follow us on our FaceBook page HERE for regular updates.
- To make things easier, we've shortened the event name to the "Mammoth Fall Century and Gran Fondo."
- We have a new website and a new look with lots of great information on our site and a lot more to come over the coming months. Check it out HERE.
- Mammoth Mountain Prologue Time Trial on Friday before the Fall Century and Gran Fondo on Saturday. That's right, a true Time Trial event for anyone to participate in on Friday. This maybe totally unique in the Gran Fondo and Century bike ride world. With a full day to recover before your Mammoth Fall Century and Gran Fondo ride, test yourself against Mammoth Mountain, your friends and the other Time Trial participants. Awards will be categorized by age, gender and overall results. Check-it out HERE.
- We have new Medio: 70 Mile and Piccolo: 42 Mile short course routes that provide for some great new riding scenery and fun roads and they start and finish at "The Village" in Mammoth Lakes. In addition to what we think will be fun and enjoyable new routes, these new routes bring us all together for the start and finish of our rides. The "short course" routes also start at a more leisurely 9am which a lot of people really enjoy!
- Our local road cycling club, Eastside Velo will be hosting local training and acclimation rides again this year and we have a whole list of great riding routes you can check-out anytime you are in the area and want a great place to ride! The training and acclimation ride schedule for the week preceding the 2014 Mammoth Fall Century & Gran Fondo will be posted this summer.
- We'll stop there for now, but we are planning a great event for 2014 with more riders, more energy and more fun. Plan to be in Mammoth in September this year for the 2014 Mammoth Fall Century and Gran Fondo on Saturday, September 6th and the Mammoth Mountain Prologue Time Trial on Friday, September 5th.