If I Am Riding the High Sierra Fall Century Bike Ride, What is there for My Family or Friends to do While I Am Riding?
Okay, so you are coming to do the High Sierra Fall Century Bike Ride, but you're wondering what your family or friends can do while you're out riding your bike for the day? Mammoth Lakes, June Lake and the entire Mono County area are literally an outdoor wonderland. The opportunities are endless, but here are just a few ideas:
1. Swim in or paddle board on a Mountain Lake - you can drive or hike to any number of them!
2. Check out the Mono Lake Visitor's Center and the interesting Tufa Formations and the amazing NASA discovery found at Mono Lake http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/02dec_monolake/ and http://www.monolake.org/mlc/science
3. Take a day trip to the Ahwahnee Hotel in heart of Yosemite National Park for lunch, or a hike or any number of awe-inspiring adventures! http://www.yosemitepark.com/the-ahwahnee.aspx
4. Take a Gondola Ride to the top of Mammoth Mountain Ski Area - the views are amazing! Or, turn the kids loose on the climbing rock or let them rent a mountain bike and descend on the hundreds of Mammoth Mountain mountain bike trails. Check out Mammoth Mountain's summer activities here: http://www.mammothmountain.com/
5. Rent a paddle board, mountain bike or road bike at Footloose Sports in Mammoth Lakes and go have an adventure!: http://www.footloosesports.com/
6. Check-out http://www.visitmammoth.com/ or http://www.monocounty.org/ for even more ideas for things to do in this amazing place!